The Events Company of St. Lucia Inc. is seeking to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer to continue delivering on its current mandate.
The Government of Saint Lucia has established an events company to manage and produce national events and festivals.
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short-term plans. The CEO shall act as a direct liaison between the Board and staff of the Company.
This position requires a dynamic, detail-oriented and focused individual. The ideal candidate should have at least five years full-time management experience.
Relationships & Responsibilities:
The CEO is responsible for successful leadership and management of the company, in accordance with the strategic direction approved by the Board of Directors.
Duties & Tasks:
- Develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the Company in collaboration with management, staff and the Board of Directors;
- Act as a professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the company’s activities;
- Act as a spokesperson for the company;
- Represent the company at local, regional and international activities to enhance the company’s activities, network and profile;
- Ensure that the operation of the company meets the expectations of its clients, stakeholders, Board and general public;
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the company;
- Draft policies for the approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the company’s policies; review existing policies on a regular basis and recommend changes to the Board as appropriate;
- Oversee the planning, execution, evaluation and reporting of the company’s programmes, services and events;
- Work with management, staff, the Board and its clients to prepare a comprehensive annual budget and work with the Board to secure adequate funding for the company’s activities.
- Oversee the research of funding sources, development of fundraising plans and writing of funding proposals to support the company’s income;
- Administer the funds of the company according to the approved budget and provide the Board with comprehensive, reports on revenues and expenditure;
- Ensure the development and execution of a rolling annual calendar of events, including detailed work plans and individual event plans.
- Ensure ongoing evaluation of events, staff and resources for the effective delivery of the organisation’s mandate
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with clients, event stakeholders, community groups, sponsors, donors, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the company.
- Suitable office accommodation will be provided
- Required to maintain a motor vehicle for the proper performance of the above duties and tasks
- Able to work extended and flexible hours
- Work performance will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Demonstrated supervisory capabilities and interpersonal skills.
- Timely submission of reports and meeting of task deadlines.
- Effective execution of events within agreed guidelines and budgets
- Quality of reports produced, as reflected in accuracy, clarity and relevance.
- Effective Oral and written communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILTIES
- Strategic Thinker
- Business Acumen
- Good Leadership Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Results Driven
- Financial Management
- Problem Solving
- Motivational Skills
- Detailed Oriented
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Masters’ degree in Business Administration or Management with three to five years at senior management level. Experience in event planning and management would be a distinct advantage.
Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration or Management with five to ten years at senior management level. Experience in event planning and management would be a distinct advantage.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and Experience.
The successful candidate will report to the Chairman of the Board. Interested applicants should address and email their applications to:
The Administrative Manager
Events Company of St. Lucia Inc.
1st Floor, Sureline Building
Vide Bouteille, Castries
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4pm, local time, June 21st, 2019.
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.