The Events Company of St. Lucia Inc. is seeking to fill the role of Public Relations OFFICER to continue delivering on its current mandate.
To act as an advocate for the organization, building and maintaining positive relationships with the main stakeholders of Events Company of Saint Lucia through internal and external communication. You will be responsible for creating promotional content, brand partnerships and competitions for on-air broadcast and digital use.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute corporate and events communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results post event and on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for public relations partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the organization and events and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Commission or undertake relevant market research
- Assist the relevant departments with planning and coordinating external workshops, seminars, company launches and overseas road shows
- Assist in analyzing potential partner relationships for Events Company of Saint Lucia’s projects and services.
- Assist the Marketing Manager in audio-visual presentations, advertising production as necessary
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline
Mature and responsible individual; highly organised; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people
Interested applicants should address and email their applications to:
The Administrative Manager
Events Company of St. Lucia Inc.
1st Floor, Sureline Building
Vide Bouteille, Castries
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4pm, local time, June21st , 2019.
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.